We acknowledge the significance of your online privacy and acknowledge that granting us permission to collect some personal information requires a great deal of trust. We seek this consent as it enables Distinct Post to offer a platform that amplifies the voices of the marginalized. By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Distinct PostDistinct Post
Aa
  • Home
  • Israel-Gaza Conflict
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Style
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Royals
Reading: As the death toll in Gaza mounts, US plans to supply Israel high-precision bombs worth $320 million: WSJ Report
Share
Aa
Distinct PostDistinct Post
  • Home
  • Israel-Gaza Conflict
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Style
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Royals
Search
  • Home
  • Israel-Gaza Conflict
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Style
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Royals
Follow US
Distinct Post > World > Middle East > As the death toll in Gaza mounts, US plans to supply Israel high-precision bombs worth $320 million: WSJ Report
as-the-death-toll-in-gaza-mounts-us-plans-to-supply-israel-high-precision-bombs-worth-320-million-wsj-report
Israel-Gaza ConflictMiddle EastUnited States

As the death toll in Gaza mounts, US plans to supply Israel high-precision bombs worth $320 million: WSJ Report

Jake Miller Published November 7, 2023
SHARE

The administration of Joe Biden, the President of the United States, plans to supply Israel with a batch of high-precision bombs worth $320 million, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The US administration notified Congress on October 31 about the plans for supplies of Spice Family Gliding Bomb Assemblies, a type of precision-guided weapon fired by warplanes, the WSJ said.

Weapons manufacturer Rafael USA would transfer the bombs to its Israeli parent company Rafael Advanced Defense Systems for use by the Israeli defense ministry, according to the agreement.

WSJ added, “The weapons were requested by Israel before October 7, with an initial, informal notification sent to congressional leaders earlier this year.”

According to the local Health Ministry in the Hamas-run enclave, the weapons deal comes as the death toll in Gaza from Israel’s continued assaults exceeded 10,000 people. The health ministry affiliated with the Palestinian Authority reported that more than two-thirds of those killed in Gaza were women, children, and elderly.

UN Secretary-General António Guterres said on Monday that Gaza was “becoming a graveyard for children,” calling for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire. 

“The nightmare in Gaza is more than a humanitarian crisis. It is a crisis of humanity,” he said.

Guterres added, “Ground operations by the Israel Defense Forces and continued bombardment are hitting civilians, hospitals, refugee camps, mosques, churches and UN facilities — including shelters. No one is safe. At the same time, Hamas and other militants use civilians as human shields and continue to launch rockets indiscriminately towards Israel.”

“The unfolding catastrophe makes the need for a humanitarian ceasefire more urgent with every passing hour. The parties to the conflict — and indeed, the international community — face an immediate and fundamental responsibility: to stop the inhuman collective suffering and dramatically expand humanitarian aid to Gaza,” he stressed.

You Might Also Like

Trump assassination case: Prosecutors say Secret Service agent was shot by suspect

‘NACHO’ Takes Over Wall Street, New Trump Nickname Signals Oil Market Panic

US to Release Limited Passports Featuring Donald Trump’s Image for 250th Anniversary

Man Charged With Attempted Assassination of Donald Trump After Washington Security Breach

Shocking Social Media Activity of White House Shooting Suspect Raises Alarm, Reports Say

Jake Miller November 7, 2023 November 7, 2023
Popular News
can-taking-photos-reduce-your-ability-to-remember-things
Life

Can Taking Photos Reduce Your Ability to Remember Things?

Lisa Sean Lisa Sean March 21, 2023
Prince Harry won’t hesitate to say “sorry” to Kate Middleton
Researchers Confirm 30,000 Russian Soldiers Killed in Ukraine War
Barcelona Extend Lead in La Liga Title Race with Dominant Win over Real Betis
Russia bans several Moldovan officials from entering the country: Report

Categories

  • Market
  • Tech
  • Fitness
  • Food
  • Celebrity
  • Fashion
  • Beauty
  • Football
  • Cricket
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • Movies
    • Television
  • Style
    • Arts
    • Beauty
    • Fashion
  • Health
    • Fitness
    • Food
  • Sports
    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Olympics
  • Business
    • Market
    • Tech
Useful Links
  • About us
  • Privacy policy
  • Term Of Use

2023 © Distinct Post News & Media. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?