We acknowledge the significance of your online privacy and acknowledge that granting us permission to collect some personal information requires a great deal of trust. We seek this consent as it enables Distinct Post to offer a platform that amplifies the voices of the marginalized. By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Distinct PostDistinct Post
Aa
  • Home
  • Israel-Gaza Conflict
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Style
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Royals
Reading: It would be a “clear declaration of war” if its missiles were shot down, North Korea warned the US.
Share
Aa
Distinct PostDistinct Post
  • Home
  • Israel-Gaza Conflict
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Style
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Royals
Search
  • Home
  • Israel-Gaza Conflict
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Style
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Royals
Follow US
Distinct Post > World > Asia > It would be a “clear declaration of war” if its missiles were shot down, North Korea warned the US.
it-would-be-a-clear-declaration-of-war-if-its-missiles-were-shot-down-north-korea-warned-the-us
AsiaUnited States

It would be a “clear declaration of war” if its missiles were shot down, North Korea warned the US.

Henry Ortiz Published March 7, 2023
SHARE

On Tuesday, North Korea warned the US that it would be a “clear declaration of war” if its missiles were shot down during their trial launches over the Pacific Ocean. Washington and Seoul have built up defense cooperation, including joint exercises, in front of increasing threats from nuclear-armed Pyongyang, which has conducted a tide of prohibited weapons tests in recent months.

North Korea has said its nuclear weapons and missile programs are for self-defense and has bristled over US-South Korea military exercises, describing them as rehearsals for an invasion.

It will be regarded as a clear declaration of war against the DPRK, in case such military response as interception takes place against our tests of strategic weapons.”

Kim Yo Jong-Kim Jong Un’s powerful sister, said in a statement-In her statement she use North Korea original name.

The Pacific Ocean does not belong to the dominium of the U.S. or Japan. North Korea is always on standby to take appropriate, quick and overwhelming action at any time.”

KCNA published Kim Yo Jong’s statement.

This month, the US and South Korean militaries will carry out their largest joint drills in five years. Ahead of those drills, named Freedom Shield and planned for at least 10 days starting March 13, the allies held air drills this week featuring a nuclear-capable US B-52 heavy bomber.

In a separate statement on Tuesday, North Korea’s foreign ministry accused the United States of “intentionally” ramping up tensions.

The recent joint air drill clearly shows that the US scheme to use nuclear weapons against the DPRK is being carried forward at the level of an actual war. We express deep regret over the irresponsible and worrying muscle-flexing of the US and South Korea.”

KCNA published North Korea’s foreign ministry statement.

Last year, North Korea announced itself as an “irreversible” nuclear power and fired a record-breaking number of missiles. Kim Jong Un recently called for an “exponential” boost in weapons production, including tactical nukes. North Korea has stated its missile tests and military drills as justified countermeasures following US-South Korea drills.

Last week, it called on the United Nations to demand a suspension of these drills and repeated that its nuclear weapons secured the balance of power in the region.

Last month, the US-South Korea drill at the Pentagon focused on comebacks to a nuclear attack by North Korea. North Korea responded to that exercise by blasting cruise missiles, and claimed that the buildup US-South Korea drills “can be considered as a declaration of war”.

You Might Also Like

Trump assassination case: Prosecutors say Secret Service agent was shot by suspect

‘NACHO’ Takes Over Wall Street, New Trump Nickname Signals Oil Market Panic

US to Release Limited Passports Featuring Donald Trump’s Image for 250th Anniversary

Man Charged With Attempted Assassination of Donald Trump After Washington Security Breach

Shocking Social Media Activity of White House Shooting Suspect Raises Alarm, Reports Say

Henry Ortiz August 5, 2023 March 7, 2023
Popular News
Royal

Prince Harry Drops New Bombshells About Royal Security Drama in Explosive Statement

Lisa Sean Lisa Sean May 3, 2025
Simon Cowell Opens Up About Coping with Grief During X Factor Filming
Katheryn Winnick, Star of “Vikings”, Visits Ukraine and Launches Foundation to Support Women and Children
Shonda Rhimes Clarifies: No Meghan Markle Parallels in Queen Charlotte Series
Kanye West’s Comedy Store Cameo Goes Viral After Bully Album and SoFi Shows

Categories

  • Market
  • Tech
  • Fitness
  • Food
  • Celebrity
  • Fashion
  • Beauty
  • Football
  • Cricket
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • Movies
    • Television
  • Style
    • Arts
    • Beauty
    • Fashion
  • Health
    • Fitness
    • Food
  • Sports
    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Olympics
  • Business
    • Market
    • Tech
Useful Links
  • About us
  • Privacy policy
  • Term Of Use

2023 © Distinct Post News & Media. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?