We acknowledge the significance of your online privacy and acknowledge that granting us permission to collect some personal information requires a great deal of trust. We seek this consent as it enables Distinct Post to offer a platform that amplifies the voices of the marginalized. By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Distinct PostDistinct Post
Aa
  • Home
  • Israel-Gaza Conflict
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Style
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Royals
Reading: US refused to share information on downed Chinese balloon: China
Share
Aa
Distinct PostDistinct Post
  • Home
  • Israel-Gaza Conflict
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Style
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Royals
Search
  • Home
  • Israel-Gaza Conflict
  • World
  • Entertainment
  • Style
  • Health
  • Sports
  • Business
  • Royals
Follow US
Distinct Post > World > China > US refused to share information on downed Chinese balloon: China
us-refused-to-share-information-on-downed-chinese-balloon-china
ChinaUnited States

US refused to share information on downed Chinese balloon: China

Affan Sheikh Published February 25, 2023
SHARE

The United States refused to share information on the Chinese balloon that had drowned off the coast of South Carolina earlier this month, the Chinese foreign ministry said on Friday. The Chinese balloon, which Beijing insisted the balloon was nothing more than a civilian weather balloon blown off course, had flown over the United States and Canada for a week.

President Joe Biden ordered the balloon to be shot down. The order weakened ties between Washington and Beijing, leading America’s top diplomat to postpone a trip to China.

The United States, from the recovery of the (balloon) remains to the analysis of the balloon’s debris, has completely acted on its own and in a surreptitious manner.

China early on through protected consular channels clearly demanded the United States notify (China) on the progress of recovery of the balloon, but the United States refused to respond.”

Wang Wenbin-the foreign ministry’s spokesperson told a regular briefing.

Above comments by Wang were made when he was asked about a proceeding U.S. exploration of the balloon.

China urged that the alleged balloon nothing just a civilian airship used for meteorological purposes was accidentally blown off course into U.S. airspace. While the United States stated that the Virginia-based Federal Bureau of Investigation Laboratory is analyzing remains from the balloon for “counterintelligence exploitation.”

The State Department and the Pentagon have said they had reached out to their Chinese counterparts after the suspected spy balloon was shot down on February 4. Later, the Chinese defense ministry declined a proposed phone calls with the Pentagon, stated that the United States had not created the “appropriate atmosphere”.

You Might Also Like

Trump assassination case: Prosecutors say Secret Service agent was shot by suspect

‘NACHO’ Takes Over Wall Street, New Trump Nickname Signals Oil Market Panic

US to Release Limited Passports Featuring Donald Trump’s Image for 250th Anniversary

Man Charged With Attempted Assassination of Donald Trump After Washington Security Breach

Shocking Social Media Activity of White House Shooting Suspect Raises Alarm, Reports Say

Affan Sheikh July 7, 2023 February 25, 2023
Popular News
Royal

Prince William Leads Environmental Efforts at Earthshot Prize 2025 in Brazil

Alicia Brian Alicia Brian June 25, 2025
Chinese President Xi Jinping arrived in South Africa ahead of BRICS summit
Ariana Grande Wraps Up “Wicked” Filming with Emotional Farewell
Richard Gadd Stands by Netflix Hit Baby Reindeer Amid Legal Controversy
Drake’s house’s security guard shot amid Kendrick Lamar feud

Categories

  • Market
  • Tech
  • Fitness
  • Food
  • Celebrity
  • Fashion
  • Beauty
  • Football
  • Cricket
  • Entertainment
    • Celebrity
    • Movies
    • Television
  • Style
    • Arts
    • Beauty
    • Fashion
  • Health
    • Fitness
    • Food
  • Sports
    • Baseball
    • Basketball
    • Cricket
    • Football
    • Olympics
  • Business
    • Market
    • Tech
Useful Links
  • About us
  • Privacy policy
  • Term Of Use

2023 © Distinct Post News & Media. All Rights Reserved.

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Lost your password?